mercredi 3 décembre 2008

Things I've done

An all-English post for once, my excuses for not translating the previous one yet….

Because of a lovely friend met in Toronto here is a list of things I’ve done (bolded items). It's your turn now, copy the list and bold your items!


• 1. Started my own blog (obviously)
• 2. Slept under the stars (many a sparkling night)
• 3. Played in a band (like marching band?)
• 4. Visited Hawaii
• 5. Watched a meteor shower
• 6. Given more than I can afford to charity (it was a really great cause though, got in trouble for that)
• 7. Been to Disneyland/world
• 8. Climbed a mountain
• 9. Held a praying mantis (I love insects!)
• 10. Sung a solo
• 11. Bungee jumped
• 12. Visited Paris (I lived there for a couple of years)
• 13. Watched lightning at sea
• 14. Taught myself an art from scratch
• 15. Adopted a child
• 16. Had food poisoning
• 17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
• 18. Grown my own vegetables (still do!)
• 19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France (yeah, well, she’s not my favorite)
• 20. Slept on an overnight train (between Brest and Paris, several times)
• 21. Had a pillow fight
• 22. Hitchhiked
• 23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (can’t remember when but probably did at least once)
• 24. Built a snow fort
• 25. Held a lamb
• 26. Gone skinny dipping (and got caught by police!)
• 27. Run a Marathon
• 28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
• 29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
• 31. Hit a home run
• 32. Been on a cruise
• 33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
• 34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors
• 35. Seen an Amish community
• 36. Taught myself a new language
• 37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (once upon a time, anyway)
• 38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
• 39. Gone rock climbing
• 40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
• 41. Sung karaoke
• 42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
• 43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant (a really nice homeless girl in Paris, I hope she’s doing ok)
• 44. Visited Africa (lived there as a child and still have fond memories of it)
• 45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
• 46. Been transported in an ambulance (not something I want to do again)
• 47. Had my portrait painted
• 48. Gone deep sea fishing (wih my dad)
• 49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
• 50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
• 51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
• 52. Kissed in the rain
• 53. Played in the mud (I live and hike on the “wet” coast)
• 54. Gone to a drive-in theater
• 55. Been in a movie
• 56. Visited the Great Wall of China
• 57. Started a business
• 58. Taken a martial arts class
• 59. Visited Russia
• 60. Served at a soup kitchen
• 61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
• 62. Gone whale watching
• 63. Got flowers for no reason
• 64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
• 65. Gone sky diving
• 66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
• 67. Bounced a check
• 68. Flown in a helicopter
• 69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
• 70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
• 71. Eaten Caviar (not my favorite food though)
• 72. Pieced a quilt
• 73. Stood in Times Square
• 74. Toured the Everglades
• 75. Been fired from a job
• 76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
• 77. Broken a bone
• 78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
• 79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
• 80. Published a book (just a short piece)
• 81. Visited the Vatican
• 82. Bought a brand new car
• 83. Walked in Jerusalem
• 84. Had my picture in the newspaper
• 85. Read the entire Bible
• 86. Visited the White House
• 87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (a great lesson)
• 88. Had chickenpox (I hated my sister for that!)
• 89. Saved someone’s life
• 90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous (Jacques Mayol, John Lilly and Yannick Noah are the ones I remember the most)
• 92. Joined a book club
• 93. Lost a loved one
• 94. Had a baby
• 95. Seen the Alamo in person
• 96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
• 97. Been involved in a law suit
• 98. Owned a cell phone
• 99. Been stung by a bee (being an ethologist, no big deal, this is everyday work!)
• 100. Ridden an elephant (In Thailand, a wonderful memory)

0 commentaires:

Météo


Archives du blog

expatriation